Due the expected blizzard, schools will be closed. All school-based programs will also be closed. Please be safe and stay tuned to the news (NY1.com)
Due to the expected Blizzard tomorrow, 3/14, SLT and PTA meetings will postpone to next Tuesday, 3/21/2017.
All matched Round 1 students are invited to attend our open house! Come meet our students, teachers and counselors, and learn more about what makes QHSLS unique. Translation will be available for Spanish and Chinese.
Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017
6PM-7PM, Room 219
Enter through the visitor’s entrance off of Northern Blvd.
WHEN: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2017, AT 2:00PM
WHERE: FLUSHING HIGH SCHOOL CAMPUS AUDITORIUM
Tuesday, February 14, 2017, at 4:30PM
All NYC Public Schools are closed on Thursday, February 9, 2017 due to inclement weather.
School Leadership Team Meeting
Monday, 1/23/2017: 4:30PM, Room 219
Monday, 1/23/2017: 6:00PM, Room 219
Come to the Queens Borough High School Fair!
Be sure to stop by and sign-in at our table.
Francis Lewis High School
58-20 Utopia Parkway, 11365
Saturday, October 15, 2016
Sunday, October 16, 2016
Visit QHSLS at our Open House Night
Thursday, October 20, 2016
A reminder that you’re invited to QHSLS’s first Back to School Night!
Wednesday, September 28, 2016
5:00PM-6:30PM: for 10th and 11th grade parents
6:30-8:00PM: For 9th-12th grade parents
Meet your child’s teachers and guidance counselors
(12th grade parents: hear more from our college counselor!)
Learn more about what your child will study this year
Find out about our school’s after school programs, activities, and tutoring
For ALL PARENTS and NEW STUDENTS
Tuesday, September 6, 2016
For RETURNING STUDENTS
Wednesday, September 7, 2016
THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
Thursday, September 8, 2016
7:45-8AM: Enter through Exit 1 by Union Street
NOTE: Any students in need of a program or uniform should report no later than 7:45AM
Please check your mailboxes for a welcome letter and information about the new school year.
What’s on the agenda for our orientations?
- Receive support in filling out required paperwork (for parents)
- Receive your class schedule and learn more about the new school year
- Learn more about NY State high school graduation requirements
- Understand QHSLS rules and expectations
- Set up online accounts for Pupilpath grades
- Meet and greet new and returning faculty and students
- Take school ID pictures
- Purchase uniforms and lockers (cash or check only)
- Set up student email accounts
What school supplies do I need?
Students should plan to purchase the following for the 2016-2017 school year. Teachers will review additional necessary materials the first week of school.
- A 1” or larger binder
- Binder tabs for organization
- A graph-ruled notebook
- At least one folder for homework
- Pens in at least two colors
- #2 mechanical pencils and lead
- 2 reams of looseleaf papers