For ALL PARENTS and NEW STUDENTS
Tuesday, September 6, 2016
For RETURNING STUDENTS
Wednesday, September 7, 2016
THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
Thursday, September 8, 2016
7:45-8AM: Enter through Exit 1 by Union Street
NOTE: Any students in need of a program or uniform should report no later than 7:45AM
Please check your mailboxes for a welcome letter and information about the new school year.
What’s on the agenda for our orientations?
- Receive support in filling out required paperwork (for parents)
- Receive your class schedule and learn more about the new school year
- Learn more about NY State high school graduation requirements
- Understand QHSLS rules and expectations
- Set up online accounts for Pupilpath grades
- Meet and greet new and returning faculty and students
- Take school ID pictures
- Purchase uniforms and lockers (cash or check only)
- Set up student email accounts
What school supplies do I need?
Students should plan to purchase the following for the 2016-2017 school year. Teachers will review additional necessary materials the first week of school.
- A 1” or larger binder
- Binder tabs for organization
- A graph-ruled notebook
- At least one folder for homework
- Pens in at least two colors
- #2 mechanical pencils and lead
- 2 reams of looseleaf papers