MAIN OFFICE HOURS
If students are unable to print out the files below, please come to our office hours to pick up a paper copy.
English Summer Homework
For 9th and 10th grade students: Read the popular, acclaimed novel The Book Thief and complete the above study guide.
For questions about the homework, email Ms. Otte at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms. Ward at email@example.com.
Columbian Exchange Graphic Organizer
Columbian Exchange Information Sheet
Global History Summer Homework (Ms. Duffy’s periods 1 and 4)
Global History Summer Homework (Ms. Duffy’s periods 2 and 6)
For 10th grade students: complete the two Columbian Exchange documents and the summer homework packet to review and prepare for your Global History class!
GUIDANCE COUNSELING OFFICE HOURS
Students are welcome to talk with our guidance counselor, Mr. Ku. If possible, email firstname.lastname@example.org the day before to let Mr. Ku know you’re coming.
STUDENT EMAIL ACCESS
Each student at QHSLS receives a school email address through Google. Your QHSLS email…
• is professional: use it to apply for part time jobs or college applications
• is helpful: collaborate on Google Drive and share Google Docs with teachers and classmates
• is useful: learn about school events and email your teachers with questions
• is official: please note this is your school email, and you have limited privacy. Sending any inappropriate messages, photos, or video could result in serious consequences.
Check your inbox!
• Look out for information about the school and summer homework assignments.
How to access your email (for students new to QHSLS):
• Go to gmail.com
• Your username is your full first name + full last name + 2014 @ qhsls.org. (e.g.: BarackObama2014@qhsls.org)
• Your password is your 9-digit NYCDOE student ID #. (Please call the school if you don’t know your ID).
Boys Soccer Tryouts
Tuesday, August 19: 10AM
Prospective players should bring t-shirt, shorts, cleats, shinguards, completed medical form, parental consent form, and report card to the tryout.
Girls Volleyball Tryouts
Monday, August 18: 9:30AM
Flushing Campus Gymanisum
Prospective players should bring t-shirt, shorts, completed medical form, parental consent form, and report card to the tryout.
More information for other sports coming soon.
Paper copies of the medical form and parental consent form are available during our main office hours. Downloadable copies available here.
School uniforms will be available for purchase the last week of August and during student orientations. More information about purchasing coming soon!